Anxiety

Friday, June 23, 2006

Three cheers for gainful employment!

So on Wednesday, July 5 I will have my first day as a Development Manager for the Arizona chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. I've been trying desperately not to think about it for the past two weeks because I didn't want to end up disappointed but I also didn't want to jinx myself into not getting it. In any case, I couldn't imagine a better first real job.

From what I understand, my main responsibilities will be helping to coordinate the annual walk and bike that raise money for the foundation, as well as planning smaller events in between. It's the highly detail-oriented work I love, and the best part is that it is for a cause that I really feel like I can get behind.

In any case, I feel very grateful for the opportunity and I cannot wait to get started! Also, our new place is awesome and we are already feeling right at home here. We were very appreciative of everyone's help with the move, and we felt very lucky that Nate spent his whole vacation here putting together IKEA furniture. (I promise if you come back in 8-10 weeks, we'll just do fun things.)

I'm trying to think of something sarcastic or cynical to say, because happy blogging is just not me, but right now I'm drawing a blank. :-)

3 comment(s):

Congratulations!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 AM  

I second the congratulations! We are so very happy for you, and know the the NMSS of Arizona will have a growing appreciation of what a wise choice they have made. Enjoy your Independence Day to the fullest this year, because after that you'll owe your soul to the company store (I forget that you're not old enough to appreciate many of my pithy remarks; just look under Tennessee Ernie Forst).

By Blogger Mark A Hanna, at 8:39 PM  

Damn the inability to edit mistakes! It's Tennessee Ernie Ford.

By Blogger Mark A Hanna, at 8:41 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home