Anxiety

Monday, March 06, 2006

Will Work for Food

As my senioritis progresses to an intolerable point, I am willing to do anything to take my mind off of school/school related things (which includes on-campus jobs and internships). Since the wedding planning is almost wrapped up, I have turned all of my attention to the post-graduation job search. Mostly it has made me feel really inferior, frustrated, and anxious.

For the first time in my life, it's just not enough to have done everything right. I got the grades, the extra-curriculars and the work experience that "they" said would do so much for me, but now without those 3-5 years of experience, I might as well be a computer-skills-deficient high school drop-out with plague.

It's all becoming clear to me what my path should have been. Rather than nights studying or in club meethings, I should have been at frat parties networking. Even with a C+ average I'm sure someone's mom or dad would have let me work for their company. Heck, I might have even had a shot at being President of the United States.

But I guess I should be looking on the bright side. My presentation skills will be impeccable when I'm saying "Do you want fries with that?"

P.S. - I do have a couple of potential jobs that I'm waiting to hear back about, so if you could think good thoughts for me, I'd appreciate it. If anyone can do the Jedi mind trick, that would be even better.

2 comment(s):

I am (as always) thinking good thoughts for you. In the meantime, take a deep breath. . .

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 AM  

Considering who's presently occupying the White House certainly lends credence to your concern. Take heart in understanding that idiots tend to recognize their own, as do (fortunately) the wise and gifted. Someone out there is bound to see you for the invaluable asset you actually are.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:06 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home