Anxiety

Friday, February 17, 2006

S-s-s-s-senioritis

In high school I think I had senioritis from about sophomore year on. However, my senior year was particularly bad. The first major factor was that I only had three classes, meaning I got out at 8:30 on B Days and 10:10 on A Days. And even then, sometimes making it through an hour and half of school was just too rough to face. Luckily, since I only had three classes-worth of homework, I still came through that year pretty well.

But this year the senioritis has hit me hard again. There's always that point where I realize that when I'm done, all people will care about is a stupid piece of paper that says I have a degree, but they won't care if I went the extra mile on every group project or had more illustrations in my final report than required. In fact, the .05 points my GPA could go up or down at this point probably won't matter to anyone, ever.

In any case, unlike my senior year of high school, I actually have a lot riding on this semester. I have more proverbial balls to drop if you will. Right now I'm relying solely on the "It's only three more months" motivation, but that is fading fast. If you come up with any better motivation for me to drag my glazed over, failing brain around campus from class to class, let me know.

1 comment(s):

You don't seem that affected to me, but what do I know? You have a lot on your plate between now and May and that is perhaps as it should be. I never understood why your senior year of high school wasn't more challenging but I always chalked it up to failure of the school system. It seems to me that you're more on track for the real world this time around. Finally, haven't you earned your senioritis?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:49 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home