Anxiety

Thursday, January 26, 2006

So as not to leave you hanging...

After my big CLEP post, I never told everyone how I did... There was a reason for this. I got the "bad karma" score, exactly 1 point short of what I needed, and exactly the score needed to get 8 credits prior to last fall. In any case, there was debate all the way up the university chain about whether to use the new standards, which are standard across the state, or to use the scores set forth in my catalog. I have basically just been holding my breath for the past three weeks unsure of what to do.

Well, today I got my answer. The statewide standard cannot be argued and therefore I get 0 credits. Bummer. But what can you do, it was a fair decision. It will make my final semester slightly more "interesting" but I am determined to graduate on time without incident.

I realize in the grand scheme of things this is just a minor setback, far less than others have had to overcome. But that hasn't stopped the stabbing pain in my chest and the little voice in my head that keeps saying "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" At least it's just one voice now and they're not all arguing in French anymore... Please join me next week when my blog title will be changed to "Schizophrenia".

3 comment(s):

Ahhh...I like that! A new mental illness each week. As long as pyromania or trichotillomania don't show up, you should be fine. I'm sorry about the test, that's a huge bummer that you had to suffer so long not knowing.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 PM  

i demand a recount! haha.... just looked at your wedding ticker. as of 01/26/06, there are 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days left! eek! anyways.... screw nau! hippies! haha. everything will work out for you. of this i am sure. miss you tons. mean it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 PM  

You are demonstrating a kind of maturity about this whole matter that makes me both proud and envious. You know well my regard for academia, and this reinforces my conviction that the world of higher education is filled with pompous asses who have nothing better to do than protect their own pitiful station in life. You will go on to greater things, and they will still be trapped atop their ivory tower. I love you!

Dad

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home