Anxiety

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas

Ever since Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas decorations have suddenly appeared everywhere. Radio stations already have their non-stop holiday playlists on the air. Even here at my desk I can see three poinsettia plants and some nice berry decorations. All of it has me in the mood to go to Phoenix and Las Vegas for a warm, fuzzy, family Christmas celebration. I'm not sure how that mood will mix with the hectic final project schedule, but hopefully it will all work out.

I know that a lot of people would think Flagstaff for Christmas would be the ideal: snow glistening on pine branches, a warm fire by the tree and kids having snowball fights in the street. I, however, am looking forward to a warm, sunny Christmas. I like the idea of being able to go to parks and play frisbee, wearing short sleeved-shirts and never having to (watch Steve) scrape ice off a windshield. It may not be the traditional Christmas scene, but after a while drinking cocoa and shivering gets a little mundane.

In other exciting news, I have ALL of my Christmas shopping done pending one gift that I need to get the details worked out on. Thank goodness for online shopping!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home