Anxiety

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Who's afraid of the most intense hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic basin?

Umm... duh, in case you haven't ever paid attention to the title of my blog, it's me! When Steve and I first heard about Florida I was a little apprehensive. I'm not huge on flying or last minute plans or spending extended periods of time in humid, bug-filled climates, so I was a little nervous. But I came to terms with all of the above and was actually getting excited for the trip.

Then there was Wilma. Apparently she is going to pull a U-turn just to add to the thrill of our trip. We have been assured that our hotel has an evacuation plan and that PRSSA has been in contact with the mayor to ensure that we will be okay. However, all the people telling us these things are PR people, and who trusts them?

The only upside is that I can now add this to my project for my Optimal Living class. We were supposed to do something that takes us out of our comfort zone, and I think flying directly into the path of a hurricane would definitely fit that criteria.

If we do get word that we need to evacuate, I'll probably go up somewhere around Ohio just to be extra safe.

1 comment(s):

I would have thought you had plenty of material dealing with being out of your comfort zone...or have you supressed the dinners with my dad. Just kidding dad (if you are reading this) if not I am being totally serious.

By Blogger Unknown, at 4:08 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home