Anxiety

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Is it graduation yet?

So Miami did not turn out to be the refreshing fall break I had hoped for. I still had fun shopping and kicking back, but it definitely wasn't the ideal networking/vacation opportunity I had planned (stupid Wilma). In any case, I thought that I would return to Flagstaff refreshed and ready for action. Instead I just feel tired, disorganized and far, far behind.

Most days I walk around school feeling terrified that I will never get everything done for work/classes/extracurriculars. Meanwhile, all of those little necessary household chores (like dishes, laundry, buying new milk) have just piled up. So there is a very real possibility that we might become smelly people, and after faithfully reading Allison's blog, I know that is not appreciated.

So, following the example of our President, I think I'm going to start giving things strategically planned names and hoping that they go away. I will support "The Global Struggle Against Bacteria and Resdidue," "The No College Student Left Below 3.5 Act," and "The War on Greasy Build-Up." Hopefully if all goes well, I'll be deployed to "Operation Warmth & Freedom" this December a clean, sane and well-educated person. And if anyone asks why there are dirty dishes piled up in the sink, I'll tell them that "The Global Struggle Agaisnt Bacteria and Residue" can't be won overnight.

1 comment(s):

lol.... nah, i say down the diet cola! lol.... and many of them.... i love how this person decided to stay anonymous... NERD! haha, just kidding, knowing my luck, i probably just called mr. hanna a nerd... crap... so here are my six steps:

1. sleep in and show up late.... tell them you were in the bathroom all morning... they can't argue with that.

2. delegate every one of your responsibilities.... you don't have to do any work, and upper management will think you have the leadershiop skills that they are looking for.

3. soda soda soda! it's good... can't argue with that!

4. make personal phone calls all day, and if management says anything... say your dog passed away this morning....

5. stare into dead space and laugh randomly... they will be too scared of you to ask you to do anything....

and finally...

6. QUIT! it worked for me... lol...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home