Anxiety

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Muahahaha (Evil Laugh)

Last week I found out that I will officially become an NAU First Year Experience peer mentor. This means I will have ultimate power over the lives of approximately 40 new NAU freshmen... unless they drop the class. Now I get to decide what kind of leader I will be. Will I be everyone's best friend and get involved in class drama? Will I be strict but fair with a quiet demeanor? Maybe I could even be hated at first, then loved as they realize that everything was for their own good. I've only seen that one work in the movies, but it might be worth a shot!

In any case I get paid to talk about how the library works, and how drinking is bad. Not a bad job!

2 comment(s):

It would be funny to scare them at first. Tell them that a $200 book is required for the class just to see their faces.

By Blogger Steve, at 4:15 PM  

If nothing else you can always have them walk around outside a la Dead Poets Society. Who doesn't love a good "march to beat of your own drummer" demo?

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home